1. Definitions 1.1. “The Translator” refers to The Officer On A Roll Of translator For Translating English & Portuguese, Appointed By The South Africa Supreme Court Local Witwatersrand Division, Manuel Cardoso 1.2. “Services” are the translation, interpreting or any other services that are provided by the Translator. 1.3. “Client” is the party instructing the Translator to provide the Services.
2. Fees 2.1 Translation 2.1.1. The Translator normally quotes translation fees per Word/Page. 2.1.2. Translations provided by the Company are subject to a minimum charge if the text contains 400 words or less. 2.1.3. If the Client requires a document to be sworn before a Solicitor or a Notary, the Translator will provide a quotation for the fees for such services upon request.
2.2. Interpreting 2.2.1. The Translator provides the Services of interpreting either for half a day as a minimum (3 hours or less) or for a full day (up to 7 hours door-to-door, including travelling, waiting and attendance). 2.2.2. If an interpreting assignment exceeds the time for which an interpreter has been booked, We will charge the Client an additional fee to be agreed for each additional hour. 2.2.3. Interpreting services provided on Saturday will incur a surcharge of 25%. Interpreting services provided on Sunday or on a Public Holiday will incur a surcharge of 50%. 2.2.4. The Translator will charge the Client for travel expenses incurred on public transport (against appropriate receipts). In case an interpreter travels by own vehicle, travel expenses will be charged at the mileage rate of 37-45p per mile door-to-door.
3. Payments 3.1. Payments shall be made by the Client within the agreed payment terms following on from the date of invoice. One-off requests, first-time clients and private individuals requiring certified translation services will normally be asked to make payment before services are rendered. 3.2. The Translator reserves the right to charge a fixed late payment fee calculated at 10% of the value of the invoice(s) after the due date of the invoice(s) has been reached. The revised invoice total will be subject to a further interest charge of 1% above the Barclays Bank base rate. If the full amount of the invoice, including the late payment fee and interest, has not reached our account thirty (30) calendar days after the invoice due date the debt will be passed to Our Lawyers to recover the full amount due. Please note that the Lawyers will issue their own charge to the Client for this service.
4. Cancellation 4.1. Translation 4.1.1. The Client may cancel a translation assignment in writing before the translator starts the job at no charge. If translation work has been initiated by the Company, fees will be paid in full unless the prior agreement between the Translator and the Client states otherwise. Where payments for Certified Translations have been made in advance, an admin fee of R115.00 will be applied upon refund even where the translation has not been initiated. 4.1.2. If the Client cancels a translation assignment after the translator begins the job, the Translator will charge the Client for the number of pages or words translated up to that time (at the agreed rate).
4.2. Interpreting 4.2.1. The Client may cancel an interpreting assignment in writing with two or more clear working days’ notice at no charge. 4.2.2. If the Client cancels an interpreting assignment with less than two clear working days’ notice, the Translator will charge the Client for the full fees on the basis of the original booking.
5. Obligations 5.1. The Translator will endeavour to ensure that it provides the Client with an adequately qualified translator/interpreter for the Services required. If a translation that the Translator provides does not meet the Client’s satisfaction, the We will assess the queries, and, if deemed necessary, have them translated material revised/proofread at no extra cost to the client. This, however, does not cover: a) Preferential changes; b) Very minor error such as minimal typos and omissions that do not affect the sense of the translated text, unless the Client has commissioned proofreading services from the translator. 5.2. The Client will endeavour to ensure that he/she provides The Translator with full and accurate information regarding the Services required (e.g., purpose, time, place etc.). 5.3 The Client will endeavour to ensure that he/she allows a reasonable time for translation and postage of documents. Any responsibility/liability with regard to delays in bureaucratic procedures on the client’s part, where reasonable time has not been allowed for the rendition of translation services and the delivery whereof.
6. Confidentiality 6.1. Both the Translator and the Client will take reasonable precautions to ensure that all confidential information, either oral or written, remains confidential.
7. Jurisdiction 7.1. These Terms and Conditions and any contracts between the sworn translator and the Client shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of South Africa and shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the South African Courts.